Our Angel, Mackenzie

Saturday, March 09, 2013

quick update

Sorry, If you still check on my blog, please forgive me. 

Well, I've got the usual pregnancy symptoms: sooo tired, varicose veins, growing belly, short on patience, sore back... 

Don't get me wrong, I'll take it all in order to hold a wee one in my arms come August.

About 2.5 weeks ago I had a little scare.  I had gone into Edmonton for the afternoon and shopped for about 3 hrs.  I then met some great friends for supper at Moxie;s (super yum!).  Oh we had such a great time!!!  Leanne, I met for the first time, what a wonderful woman.  Very inspiring, and down to earth.  I really felt like we "clicked" if you know what I mean.  She also brought her youngest and oldest daughters with her.   Shelley, I have had the pleasure of meeting with numerous times.  We even did the Resolution Run on January 1 together.  She's a wonderful, talented, and knock you socks off, woman.  We visited and ate for about 3 hrs!  Time just seemed to fly by.

When we finally parted company, I headed to fuel up and use the restroom and grab a coffee at Tim's.  (This is the part you male readers, if there are any, may find TMI!)  I used the washroom and noticed some bleeding.  Believe me, that's the last thing you want to see at 13 wks 2 days.  I've never experienced this in either of my two previous pregnancies.  It was more then just some "spotting".  I texted Shelley and she advised me to go to an E.R.

I wasn't far from the Grey Nun's, but didn't want to go there and be alone for hours... on top of the fact that is where Mackenzie was born.  I called my hospital in Viking.  They told me to stop in on my way home.  I arrived in town around 12 a.m.  I had to use the washroom so bad so i stopped at the gas station.  Still more bleeding and some clotting...  really not good.

I went over to the hospital where the staff was very accommodating.  They took my history, which I'm sure is always a shocker, even though through small town news I'm sure they heard, but may not have known who I was.  They called the doctor in ASAP.  She was in by 1 a.m.  She did a quick ultrasound with their little machine.  She found baby's heart beat right away,  a sigh of relief went through all of us (there were also two nurses with me).  She said baby looked fine, but I'd have to go for a more in depth scan in the next day or two.  She wrote me off work until we knew more and told me I couldn't drive. 

My wonderful inlaws came and picked me up.  Jeff knew I was getting checked out but seeing that he had to work at the crack of dawn, I let him sleep. 

My very very wonderful bestie, Keltie, took me to Sherwood Park for my indepth ultrasound two days later.  The tech went through my history and started the exam.  She let me know right away that she found a good, strong heartbeat.  I was in the room for a good 40 minutes and then she let Keltie and Anna come in.  Anna's face was priceless and she watched the screen.  She was very excited!  I'm sure Keltie was thinking exactly what I was thinking all day...  I couldn't believe that she was once again taking me for an ultrasound, praying that the results would be way better this time around.

Of course I couldn't resist asking the tech if she knew the sex of the baby, even though I knew it was pretty early.  She said she had an idea but wasn't 100% sure... but she was 98% sure.  LOL

Anyway, we are still doing good, just on the verge of 16 weeks.  I'm trying to take it easy.  My lower back aches when I do to much, so I'm following the signs my body is giving me.  Last time i just struggled through... 

I was going to post you some pictures of our "Baby Bumblebee", (Anna's name of choice), but they don't want to upload, so I'll try again another night.

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment