Our Angel, Mackenzie

Saturday, June 29, 2013

It's been a while, Birthday Time

Well, I think it's been way to long, since I've written.  I'm sorry.  I think it's only because I was putting off the inevitable...  Mackenzie's birthday post.

Her birthday was May 21, the Tuesday after the long weekend.  Seeing that Jeff would be working that day, we decided to celebrate a day early.  Anna got the honor of deciding what she thought Mackenzie would like to do for her birthday.

We started by taking Mackenzie her white rose. 




 
We didn't stay long, as the mosquitoes were out of control.  But it didn't take much, and I felt the first of many warm tears run down my face.  As I buckled myself back in the car, my tears were met my sobs.  Jeff reached out and gently took my hand.  I cried as we drove back down the highway towards our home.  I really just wanted to ask him to turn back down out lane, so I could hide in bed for the rest of the day...  We drove on.
 
 
Anna knew that Mackenzie wanted to go swimming.  So we went to Vegreville to check out their pool.  We had a nice lunch first.  We spent the next few hours at the pool.  Anna just loves the water.  It's all worth getting your maternity bathing suit on, just to see the huge smile on her face.
 
After swimming we decided to go for ice cream!!  YUMMY!!  Then a quick trip to Walmart and back home.
 
The weather was ok... it was rainy, but the sun was out too... much like the day Mackenzie was born.
 
Well, that's enough tears for me today.  I will write more soon and tell you about our Mommy and Anna day we had on Mackenzie's actual birthday.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment