Our Angel, Mackenzie

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Thanking God for an Angel Watching Over Me

God, you really do work in mysterious ways.

Today, while I was driving down the highway, about 5 Km from my house, I almost broadsided a horse.  It was around 7:10, sun was just coming up and was making rainbow colors in the sky.  I was coming up a steep hill and could see these 3 horses running in their pasture to my right.  They were all running really fast.  Our neighbour had just built a new fence, but left up the old one.  I figured these horses were going to pass the old fence but have to stop at the new one.  As I peaked the hill I realised that they were going way to fast to stop at the fence and that the gate must be open.  I started to slam on the breaks.  Squealing breaks, tires, the whole bit.  I came to a complete stop just as the the first horse passed in front of me.  He was just within inches of my bumper.  The other two horses reared up and stopped just within inches of my driver door.  

After getting ahold of the owner, I headed back out on the road, thanking God that I could go to work this morning.  I was feeling very blessed.  Had I broadsided that horse, it would have came right through my windshield, most likely doing me a lot of damage.  Anna, was safely tucked into her car seat.  Thankfully I am very very very strict about car seats being installed properly (just ask our parents and friends!).  When I asked Anna if she was ok she stated, quite simply, "I'm fine!"  What a kid!!

I have to wonder if our little Mackenzie angel was with us this morning.  I'm pretty sure she was and so was God.

Feeling very very thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment