Our Angel, Mackenzie

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

I best start this post with some really cute pictures...
Playing drums




flying kite with daddy


Anna is the one and only child at our church,
so she gets to ring the bells.

baking cookies with grandma

Anna sleeping with all of her stuffed animals on the kitchen floor.

Making Valentine cupcakes with mommy and grandma.


Opening a Valentine from an April friend! 
She was so excited!!

Sleeping with Austin bear, (named after her big cousin)
and Mackenzie bear.

A family photo.  a little blurry, i think the camera
couldn't focus cause there was to much movement.

Last night Anna needed a brown heart sticker.
She put it on her chin just like Grandpa's (Jeff's dad)
facial hair!


Ok, we started with cute pictures of my "warrior princess".  What a day!  And it's only 2:45.  She screamed and cried while she was supposed to eat breakfast, so I took her to get dressed, where she continued her tantrum.  Anna ended up packing her oatmeal to go and continued the festival of screams in the car.

She was fine when I dropped her and her cute cupcakes off at daycare.  When I picked her up after work, she started right where we left off this morning.  Crying and screaming... what the heck?  We were supposed to have a play date with a friend this afternoon, and because I needed lunch, Anna and I were going to go to Subway first.  Well, I put on my mean mommy panties, and told her that if she couldn't be nice we were cancelling.  And we did!!!  I've never actually followed through with that big of a threat!  I had to call an out of town friend and explain.  She was the sweetest, and totally understood. 

When we got home, I laid with Anna in her bed for a while, another first.  I usually lay with her on the couch so she doesn't cry.  She eventually got back to sleep and I snuck out.  I'm hoping in a few days, I can skip the laying down with her part... but I need a rest too ;)

So now I have time to write about my great day because the "warrior princess" is sleeping
 and I have time for me.  I should be exercising or cleaning the stack of paperwork on my kitchen counter...

I hope you had a Happy Valentine's Day!

3 comments:

  1. Warrior Princess will soon learn who the Cheif is.....stand strong and it will work out for you both....Happy V-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey- You have Dr. Grizzly!!!! The bear that looks like a psychiatrist wearing a sweater. That's where my screen name comes from, my mom gave us that bear about 4 years or so ago. Maybe longer. By the way- don't wash the sweater in the washer. It will never be the same and then your bear will be naked.

    ReplyDelete