Our Angel, Mackenzie

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mommy's Day

I was wanting to check in sooner with how my mother's day went, but life's been busy, so here it is...

I woke up to a little girl kissing my cheek at 10:30 a.m.  Yahoo!  I slept it!!!

Then I went for a run/jog/walk.  I wanted to spend a little time on my own, and a little Mackenzie time.  I jogged/walked the 8kms to the little church cemetery where Mackenzie is laid to rest.  I had my phone with me, so when I arrived I was able to play her song.  I also took a couple pictures with my phone.

Jeff and Anna picked me up and we headed to see grandma at the farm.  We visited with Grandma and helped her with a couple things.  We invited her out for supper.  We all got dressed up and went to supper, grandpa joined us there.  We all had such a nice time!!!  and Anna was very well behaved.

Originally it was suggested that we go to the golf course Sunday morning for breakfast.  I told everyone that i didn't want to go and that this year I was going to do what I wanted to do for Mother's Day.  I am so happy that I did.  I enjoyed the day and spent it with people i love.

My weekend wasn't all bliss.  Saturday I was very emotional...  I think the anticipation of the next day just go to me.  I cried off and on through the day.  I did get Mackenzie's shadow box completed, until the pieces came unglued!!!  So once I get it put back together I will show you.

When I showed Anna the shadow box, she gave a huge sigh and clasped her hands in front of her, saying "Oh I love it!!!"  Then she kissed it.  Well, of course that made me cry!  All day Anna was consoling me and bringing me "Mackenzie bear" to make me feel better.  I'm so lucky to have her.  Lucky to be a mom.  Lucky to have an angel.


No comments:

Post a Comment