Our Angel, Mackenzie

Thursday, November 10, 2011

November Rainbows

 I have placed my rainbow in the clouds.
It is the sign of my covenant with you and with all the earth. 
When I send clouds over the earth,
the rainbow will appear in the clouds, and I will remember my covenant with you and with all living creatures.
Never again will the floodwaters destroy all life.
Genesis 9:13-16

I had an awesome day today.  Started out with a playdate at the indoor playground with my best girl, Kim.  Really we call these "playdates" but us mommies get a lot out of them too!  Then lunch with by best girl and my other BFF.  In all, we were 3 mommies and 7 kids.  Yah, we took over that Killam Subway!  Watch out!

Just as I was about to leave town for home, I noticed a text message from my sister.  My sister works for CN, she is a train engineer.  Yes,  my sister drives a train for a living.  Anyway, she was in Whitecourt on a run when she saw a beautiful rainbow. 

She also always hears Mackenzie's Song when she's on a run.  Mackenzie's song is "If I Die Young" by The Band Perry.  Click the link and listen.  You'll get it.  Bury me in satin... I'll be wearing white when I come into You kingdom... Lord make me a RAINBOW, I'll  shine down on my mother...  hit the link!!!
Sorry, I just realized that maybe you don't know the rainbow story...  once again, hit the link!  I'm a little scattered!

Anyway, my sister saw a rainbow.  It's November 10.  How many times have you seen a rainbow in November??  I have great group of online mommies who have been sending me rainbow pictures all summer and fall, thinking of Mackenzie everytime they see her little rainbow.   
So as you can tell by my scattered thoughts, I was excited that my sister saw our little rainbow today.  I arrived home around 2:00.  As I came around the corner of my Jeep to lift a sleeping Anna out of her seat, I looked up toward the eastern sky... this is what I saw.

Really?  Yes, another rainbow in November!!!  Just an hour or so after my sister saw one some 400 kms away. I called Kim, she was shocked (Kim was the one that saw a rainbow on her drive home from the hospital with her new born, born 2 months exactly after Mackenzie.  She says Mackenzie is Ally's angel.)   I just couldn't believe it.  Anna was so happy so see her rainbow!!  "Momma, Kenzie send my rainbow back to Anna!"  Then I called my mom.  She was amazed. 
I was distracted the rest of the afternoon and early evening.  Prepping supper for my family and Jeff's parents, visiting and bedtime routine.

I finally checked my phone text messages and here is what Kim wrote, "OMG, and your MOM saw a rainbow too?"  What?  I thought we got our wires crossed somewhere.  There is no way, my mother, a good 450 kms from where I live, saw our little rainbow today.  I hit the Facebook app on my phone, found my moms page and...






Yes, I know that was one rainbow in the first picture, and a double (look above the cat's head) rainbow in the second.  I thought maybe mom had these on file, just posting them now.  So I called her again, yep those were taken today around 5 PM, just 3 hours after I saw my rainbow and five hours after my sister saw hers.  It's November... rainbows in November?  

I have great group of online mommies who have been sending me rainbow pictures all summer and fall, thinking of Mackenzie everytime they see her little rainbow.   Many people, including my mommies from across the country, have told me that they have seen way more rainbows this summer/fall then ever.  Looking back at my post a couple days ago, I questioned if Mackenzie was here, around us, watching us.  Well...  I think she's reassuring her momma that she is.  She's with me, everyday, sometimes I just have to lift my head towards the heavens and open my heart.

Did you read the Bible verse I put at the top?  I believe in God's promise.  Never again will the flood waters destroy all life.  He's held true.  We're still floating.  With His guidance we're surviving...

 Mom put as a comment on her pictures that Mackenzie was having a hard time saying "goodbye". She's not wanting to say goodbye Grandma, she's playing peek-a-boo, whispering "hello".

6 comments:

  1. My friend who lives about 20 minutes away from me saw one today and took a picture and posted because he couldn't believe he saw a rainbow in November either ( I didn't leave the house today so maybe Mackenzie was here too and I missed her :( ) We are a heck of a long way from you guys. She was really making her rounds today putting smiles on many peoples faces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I will be playing peep a boo with Mackenzie every time I see them rainbows....It is wonderful that we all saw Her rainbow on the same day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank-you so much for sharing the link about your daughter with me. I loved reading about and getting to know you and your family. I'm so sorry you lost Mackenzie, it is clear that she is very loved and will always be remembered.

    I am Stella's mom (www.stellabrunermethven.com), and it makes me happy that Rainbows are so special to you as well. I betcha it means that when Stella dies, her and Mackenzie will be good friends and slide down rainbows together, right into our hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for sharing :) its nice to know that people we love that we have lost are always looking down on their loved ones and they know we are always thinking of them, and they show it too in some form,either it's a rainbow or a bird or just the whispers of the wind on a clear day.......

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never realized you have If I die young - Band Perry as Mackenzie's song but I always think of her when its on. Its like its written for her. I have not only seen more rainbows this summer but they have been more vibrant or double rainbows then ever before. Mackenzie is definitely making her rounds and saying Hello to everyone! If I ever figure out how to get the pics off my phone I will send you some beautiful rainbows I have seen this summer.
    Aunty Nell

    ReplyDelete